Water Quality Hiccups
Problem: Recent Chlorine Smell in Water Due to Changes to Water Treatment Process
Solution: Water Treatment Equipment
If you haven’t seen or read the recent news from Pennsylvania American Water, be aware that temporarily – from April 12th thru June 21st – they are “temporarily” changing their water treatment process (as a part of their normal distribution system maintenance) by switching treatment to a stronger disinfectant form of CHLORINE known as “free chlorine” which does not contain ammonia. Free chlorine is used in conjunction with flushing water mains and fire hydrants.
What does this mean for YOU?
- You (and your pets) may experience a more noticeable chlorine taste and/or odor from:
- tap water: drinking, cooking.
- cleaning: washing machine, clothes, dishwasher.
- If you have a health care need (see examples below) that requires “purified or filtered water” they recommend reaching out to your healthcare provider with questions. ADDITIONALLY, contact us for water treatment recommendations that can act as a barrier between the outside pipes and your home’s water faucets.
COMMON HEALTH CARE CONCERNS:
- If you are taking prescription medications.
- Skin care concerns.
- Contact lens users.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO REASON FOR CONCERN!
What about future water quality NOTICES?
Whether it is a “BOIL ALERT” or changes to the municipal company’s treatment procedures, adding water treatment to your home will provide PEACE OF MIND that your water is always filtering out the bad and only providing quality water. We can also provide several options for chlorine removal to homeowners who want to eliminate the odor and taste now and after the “temporary” change to PA American Water’s treatment process.
How do you know what type of water treatment equipment you NEED?
Schedule your “Personalized Water Test” today with a water treatment specialist like Sanatoga Water Conditioning to provide a water quality solution including:
- whole house removal to protect you and your family when:
- brushing your teeth
- laundry with it etc
- reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration system at your kitchen sink and ice maker/refrigerator
Written by Sanatoga Water · Categorized: SWC News, Tips
Your Neighbors Love Their Cleaner, Safer, Better Water!
Our dedication to our customers is continually rewarded with referrals and testimonials about our water quality solutions!
- Frederick S.
Thank you for excellent service!"
- John D.
- Lori N.