- Make sure no water is being used.
- Turn off outlet valve from UV.
- Unplug UV.
- Allow to cool down- bulb and harness will be hot.
- Gently disconnect bulb from wiring harness.
Remember: The bulb is inside of a quartz sleeve. Banging the bulb against the quartz sleeve could result in breakage of the sleeve.
- Remove the old bulb.
- Put the new bulb in the sleeve.
- Gently plug the new bulb into the wiring harness.
- Plug the UV back in.
Note: On some units it is necessary to reset the timer, which typically requires holding in the reset button while plugging in the unit, waiting for a beep, and then releasing the reset button.
- Once the bulb is lit, reopen the outlet valve from the UV.