Of course everyone needs and demands quality drinking water. But many people don’t consider the everyday aesthetic benefits to treated water. Only 1% of a household’s water is ingested. Most of the water we use in our homes is used for bathing, cleaning and cooking, not to mention our home’s appliances use of water including the water heater, dish washer, washing machine, and pipes.
You may not think about it but many of the little irritants we deal with each day is because of hard water including:
- Dry skin
- Brittle hair
- Irritating contact lenses
- Fabrics wearing out (15% faster)
- Dingy laundry
Your house could even be cleaner with soft water, for example a water softener will:
- Eliminate staining and residues on sinks, toilets, tubs and fixtures
- Make household surfaces and appliances easier to clean because a softener improves the effectiveness of the cleaner’s alkalinity
- Reduce spotting on dishes, glasses, windows and cars
And, of course, the taste and smell of your food and beverages. This is because untreated water can cause aesthetic problems with foods that require water use, for example pasta, rice, tea and coffee. Softening your water will also make your ice look clearer and taste cleaner.
FYI – Hard Water can be found in both public and well water!
Plus you can save money on cleaning supplies, appliance repairs and replacing clothes and other fabrics. A water conditioner is an affordable water treatment solution, costing as little as $50/mo.